Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 29 - Visak - January 5, 2015

2015!!! WOW time is flying bye.  Pretty excited for this new year should be an awesome one filled with serving the Lord. Thanks to my mom, dad and grandparents for the birthday shoutout.  For everyone else don't worry there is always next year...

So previous missionaries in our area had been teaching a sister Vijaya and Brother Ratnakar at this small private school where they both worked at and they seemed really interested so we stopped by.  Sister Vijaya invited us over to her home on Saturday night so my companion and I were going to invite her and her family for baptism.  When we went in I asked for her family picture and she brings in a small picture book and I'm flipping through and see her grandkids and then I get to the second to last page and I see here baptism picture of her and her husband in our church!!  I guess missionaries taught and baptized her family like 4 years back and they became really inactive.  My mouth just dropped but it was nice to teach them and hear their testimonies.

New Years we didn't do much.  We had a party at our branch from like 6-9 and had lots of people come.  It was interesting this week because we talked as Visak missionaries on how we can improve our mission and a lot of the missionaries said that we aren't going to have success until the church opens up Telugu branches here in Andra Pradesh.  Tons of people want to hear the gospel and even all the members are strong but they cant progress until we have more materials in their native language.

Please keep our Gajuwaka branch in your prayers because it needs a lot of help.  

Happy New Year from yours truly,

Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment