Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week 2 - MTC - June 26, 2014

Thanks for all the letters this week it was awesome hearing from everybody! the days are long and it doesn't seem like its possible how much work you can do in a single day!  I heard the USA tied on a last second goal from Portugal but hopefully we can keep it a close game between Germany today.  I am slowly starting to get used to waking up at 6:30 here but it always comes way too early in the morning.  

I have learned so much this week and cant wait until I will be heading off to India in  just a few days.  We are going to be on the plane for 18 hours and experience 12 and a half hours of time difference. The food here isn't that great but I only have to put up with it for a little bit longer I guess.  I really love it here and it is such an amazing experience being around so many other missionaries that are doing the same thing as you.  

This week we had the opportunity to listen to Elder D. Todd Christofferson who is an apostle of God.  He talked about the wroth of a soul and how we are all loving children in the eyes of God.  Our purpose as missionaries is to help bring others closer to Jesus Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in the Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.  That seems like a lot to understand at one time but God wants us to follow the example of his son, Jesus Christ.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and only He could preserve it so that we can use it in this dispensation.  

I've learned so much about why we need the gospel in our lives and that our goal isn't too convert everybody to the Mormon religion but to help them come closer and realize why they need the Savior of the world in their lives.  There is still so much to learn and I can slowly see myself and my companion become better teachers as well as the 4 other elders in my district.  The church is awesome and only through Joseph Smith and the priesthood ordinances was the true church of Christ restored on the Earth and I am so grateful that I could belong to it.  

Love you all and stay safe,
Elder Wakefield

PS keep sending updates on the World Cup.  I love hearing about the scores and games





No comments:

Post a Comment