Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 25 - Chennai - December 8, 2014

This week was awesome.  We met with some members of the branch that hadn't been to church in like over 8 years but they were all happy to see us.  One sister even started praying to this picture of Jesus on the wall when she walked in.  

This week there was a Hindu festival of lights for the past 3 days so everyone was lighting firecrackers and they had these little cups of oil that they would fill up and place in front of their doors.  But we were able to find a lot of new people to teach this week.  Our plan of attack is to pretty much walk down any street and look for the pictures of Christ or the stars in front of their houses and share a message with them.  

I lost my camera but then somehow found it at the church so I was way blessed with that.  

Finally our friend Mulleshwar didn't show up to church so we called him at the start of gospel principles class and he said I can still come? and we said of course and then he shows up for the final hour of church and asked some really good questions then after church he shared with us, "I'm really sorry I was late I was going to come but then I didn't know I could show up late.  So I said a prayer to Jesus because I felt really bad and after the prayer I felt really good and then you guys called me." he said he's starting to grow in his faith and that next month he wants to take baptism. 

If we didn't work with the spirit there is no doubt in my mind that we wouldn't be seeing these miracles but the Lord is watching over us.

Keep it fresh and easy


Elder Wakefield


No comments:

Post a Comment