Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week 35 - February 16, 2015 - Visak

So I read this awesome quote from President Benson yesterday and I believe it said, "The world would take people out of the slums.  Christ takes the slums out of the people and they take themselves out of the slums.  The world molds men by changing their environments.  Christ changes men who then change their environment.  Christ changes men and changed men change the world.

Hope that makes sense to everyone but it really hit me hard.  I realized that we can't change people out here and they dont even have to listen to what we say but the second they open the door for Christ in their life, they experience a change and I have seen it in so many people including myself.

Love is the only way we can reach out to those around us and it may be really, really hard but I know its best for all of us no matter what.  

This week was awesome and included riding a camel, setting a japanese lantern to the moon, seeing a waterfall and exploring a cave.  India has it all.  This week I'm really hoping to see more changes in everything so we will see how that goes.

Thanks for the love and prayers,

Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment