Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week 76 - November 30, 2015 - Hyderabad, India

What a crazy week.  The highlight of course was the Cobb family from WMP 3rd ward and their amazing Thanksgiving dinner.  They invited like 3 companionships over and their friends and they cooked a ton of food.  They had 2 turkeys and man was it good.  They even made 5 pies! who can even make 5 different kinds of pie?  But yea we stuffed ourselves good.  It was pretty funny explaining to the Indian Missonaries why we celebrate this day.  I think they were still confused.  

We spent some time this week getting more organized as well.  Then on Sunday, our ward had the primary program and tons of people came - it was awesome.  I think a lot of people really liked Follow the Prophet song because they sang like 8 verses of it.  We were also asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation for our Ward's Christmas program so any ideas would be much appreciated.  Still waiting for the package to come but I'm hoping for it maybe this Tuesday night.  

Also we had a cool lesson in Gospel Principles on Sunday and it was about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.  What we need to do to prepare and what it will be like when He does come.  I even asked myself, if Jesus Christ was to come tomorrow would i be ready?  I think there are a lot of things I need to improve on myself and how I behave.  I'm grateful for the principle of repentence that helps us start over and become better.  

This week, we are having a specialized training on teaching skills on Thursday and Friday and then stake conference on Saturday and Sunday.  Life is pretty good now.  There is always so much to do and more stuff we should be doing but we are progressing and that is where we should be heading.

Love you all
Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment