Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week 52 - June 10, 2015 - Manila Philippines

Kumusta??????  This week was the craziest ive had for sure in the last year.

We flew from Hyderabad to Bangkok to Manila at like 1:00 a.m. in the morning and reached to the Philippines at like 9:00 a.m.  Then they dropped us off at a hotel by like noon and for the rest of the day we were free to do whatever.  Then the next day (Wednesday) we stopped by the MTC and got to talk to the President and he was like a knowledge bowl about the Philippines and he told us some super awesome stories.  Then we made it to the Manila mission office at like 11:00 am.

We had interviews with President Ostler and I was assigned to work with the zone leaders in Makati East.  I stayed and experienced the culture with 2 sweet companions, one from Australlia and the other from the Philippines.  Then on Saturday afternoon, I get a call from President Ostler and he tells me that I'm going to become an office Elder!

So today. I got my Filipino drivers license as we will have a car to drive everyday from the apartment to the mission office.  So now the current office Elders are trying to train us for when they leave next Wednesday.  So now, life is confined to an office with a few rooms and air-conditioning and lots of fast food restaurants near by.

But I've been blessed to already have learned a lot of Ta-ga-log.  Its like a mix between Spanish, English and Japanese.  I can't understand anything of what people on the streets say but when we do practices during our language study, I can have small conversations with people and say some other lines.  

The food here is very sweet compared to India.  Philippines is basically like a light Catholic cleaner version of India.  People know the missionaries pretty well, so it is harder to get appointments in. Everything is awesome though and I'm liking it so I'll let you guys know what cool things happen for the rest of this week~!

Love 
Elder Wakefield  



No comments:

Post a Comment