Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week 68 - October 5, 2015 - Hyderabad, India

This week we learned some valuable information about how the mission was going.  Everyone had to take this like obedience assessment test and luckily I did ok but still a lot of things I can improve on.  They talked a lot about reaching our full potential and understanding how the Sabbath day should be a delight not just another normal day.  Then on Wednesday, the assistants came on exchanges with us and I went with an elder who had served in this area previously so he was showing me a bunch of homes.

We ate a lot of food this week since my companion is leaving tomorrow, so its pretty busy to say goodbye to everyone.  We haven't found too many new people to teach because we've just been visiting a lot of homes but there are some more referrals and part members that we need to visit.  But yesterday, we were  on the bus going to a family's home after church and it started raining hard.  Mother nature caught me off guard without an umbrella so we both got pretty soaked but it was fun because their home was like in the middle of nowhere and we chased after some goats. 

Other cool news was that we took my trainer on exchange on Thursday.  He recently moved into our ward and he's searching for a job, so he had all day to come with us.  I think it had been over a year since I saw him so we had a good time.   This weekend we have General Conference so it should be fun to watch. I was also thinking what is one thing I want to say I can learned the most on my mission and I would say that one of the things would be how important our relationship is with Heavenly Father.  So many people we meet have almost nothing whether family, money, a home or food but their strong faith in God is what keeps them going.  And I know that Heavenly Father has been with me my whole life and staying obedient to his plan has definitely been an anchor for me to stay on the right path and seeing others to come back to the gospel has been one of the greatest feelings.

Love,
Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment