Friday, May 6, 2016

Week 97 - April 25, 2016 - Hyderabad, India

I still remember this day one year back and I said how I would spare my mom until this year so here we go. well Putina Roju Subha Konkshaloo.  That means happy birthday in telegu, but i cant Believe that you are XX (censured :-) YEARS OLD, LIKE OH MY GOSH THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO OLD.  Like you can almost say that you have been on earth longer than most of the quarters that are in circulation today.  But as I look back I'm just amazed at how you've survived this long with 4 kids.  Just think about it you only have like 7 more years with children in your home and then you'll be a loner after that so enjoy the time while you have kids left.  I love you!

Anyway this week our P-day is on Tuesday due to our mission tour with Elder Funk yesterday.  It was a really cool meeting and they talked a lot about our duty to teach Repentance and Baptize converts.  They talked about how a lot of converts don't really learn how to repent so we need to teach them so they can stay active and always retain a remission of their sins.  We also taught a brand new family of 4 last night and they understood English really well so I was almost shocked and how rare of an experience this was.  

Sunday, we had an interesting church where there were very few members coming because it was so hot outside but we had some investigators come for the first time and some that have been coming for a while so it was cool to see them exercising their faith.  I think a lot of the investigators that we have now will be ready to take the baptism in May so we are praying for them.  

Also the other good news is that it's now officially mango season and even though they are more expensive in Hyderabad, they are super good.  That's going to be the thing I miss the most.  Also marriage season has commenced and I think we've already had a couple of members get married and some more coming up soon so its nice to see some families starting to take shape.

Everyone have a great week,

Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment