Friday, May 6, 2016

Week 81 - January 4, 2016 - Hyderabad, India

Happy New Year everyone!!  2015 was pretty great but I hope that 2016 can bring all of us a renewed spirit and time of working towards our goals.  This week got better as the time went by.  We got to visit a lot of the members because they had holidays and more free time to invite us over so we committed them to make some new goals and be more actively involved with the church.  In my opinion, the Church needs some sort of retention program to keep people coming after they are baptized because there are a lot of people that don't quite understand that.

New Years was cool, We didn't really do anything too crazy.  My companion cooked a lot of food this week which was really awesome though.  Also, yesterday my companion was telling all the members that it was my birthday AND whenever someone would come to wish me Happy Birthday I always joked with them that it wasn't really my birthday - so i think a lot of people were really confused if it was my birthday or not.  But one of our investigators prepared food for us not even knowing it was my birthday, so that was cool.

21 feels a lot like 20 except now I say I'm 1 year older.  We are flying to Bangalore in a few hours and then coming back tomorrow.  I'm thinking this meeting President won't be too happy but you never know.  

We shared Mosiah 2:22 with a lot of people this week and it is pretty straightforward.  King Benjamin tells the people straight up before he peaces out that all God,"requires of you is to keep his commandments; 

and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye  should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he  hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and  prosper you."

The Work is still great and it always will be.  Thanks for all the wishes this week everyone.

Elder Wakefield


No comments:

Post a Comment