Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 30 - Visak - January 12, 2015

Busy week this week filled with lots of appointments and lots of time in the bathroom.  I'm not sure what I ate or drank but luckily on Saturday night I got stuff figured out.  

We had this cool lesson on Tuesday at church when brother Shanker came and met us.  He talked about hows he's pretty much Hindu but he really likes Jesus Christ and how he used to go to Sunday School when he was a young child and he told about all the times and travels he has done to other parts of the world.  He also said that whenever he prays he has this comfort feeling.  Then we explained that was the Holy Ghost and he seemed really excited when we told him that.

We went to the Bay of Bengal on Monday so now every time my mom asks me what it is like every week I can finally tell her.  The first 100 meters from the beach into the sea is straight brown from all the garbage and sewage that goes into the ocean and then it turns nice blue. 

Our branch is doing pretty well.  We get lots of support out here and I guess the area that we are covering used to belong to 8 missionaries and now its just the 2 of us here so there is a lot of work needed.  

We are planning on baptizing some people by the end of the month so we will see how that goes.

Thanks for all the love and prayers,

Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment