Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week 75 - November 23, 2015 - Hyderabad, India

This weekend the work really seemed to progress.  But funny story for the week: So on Monday, I was pretty busy so we didn't have a lot of time for lunch or anything so i was just kind of snacking from places on the side of the road.  But on Tuesday I paid the price for it.  Starting from the night, i was going to the bathroom about every 25 minutes, it was crazy.  Literally I was trying to drink water to stay hydrated but 5 minutes later i would go to the bathroom and empty my stomach, I think I lost a lot of weight.  So then I took some tablets and my fever went down and now I'm pretty much perfect now.

We were able to  teach a bunch of lessons on Friday on Saturday so that was cool.  A couple of people came to church yesterday so that was cool too.  Hopefully, next Sunday our investigator will get baptized.  My companion and i will be in Hyderbad until Christmas so now we are planning some activities for the Christmas season.

So now we are running out of stuff to do on P-days but we mostly just enjoy.  

We taught one new investigator on Friday night and they were telling us about some of their mistakes that they have made in the past and how they just wish things were back to the way they were before.  We taught about the Atonement and repentance and especially Alma 7:11-15.  Then on Sunday, I gave a talk and I had prepared a couple of scriptures to share during the talk but nothing much more than that but when my time came I was just jamming on the Spirit and before I knew it 15 minutes were up and the sacrament meeting was over.  It was awesome, probably one of the best talks I felt I had given on my mission.  People enjoyed it also so that was good.  

I'm grateful for Heavenly Father that knows our weaknesses and helps up to overcome them.  Really, I've seen so many changes in myself so far in my mission and everything that we need, He gives us.

Love you and Happy Thanksgiving,
Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment