Thursday, May 5, 2016

Week 53 - June 17, 2015 - Manila Philippines

Well everyone, it is pretty weird writing to you now that 365 days have passed since I've seen any of you.  I thought I'd give you a run down on what I've been able to accomplish in the last year:

Gained 1.5 inches (now 5'10'')
Lost 40lbs (now 150lbs)
Read the Book of Mormon twice
Read the New Testament and Doctrine and Covenants twice
Read Jesus the Christ, Our Heritage, Pursuit of Happiness and True to the Faith
Been in Germany, India, Thailand and Philippines
Learned to play cricket
Learned some Tamil, Telegu, and now Tagalog
Learned to wash clothes by hand
Cook my own food and make my own bed

That is just some stuff but I still feel like there is a lot more.  The Lord has been good to me and I have been very blessed in the last year.  Today and yesterday were transfers and they were crazy.  We were running 21 missionaries around for their last day and then woke up super early to pick up 12 new missionaries to the field.

Sunday was sweet they had this Philippines Area conference were some General Authorities and Apostles talked to the whole country through internet connection in stake centers across the nation, it was really inspiring.  

I absolutely know this Gospel is true and by serving the Lord I've been able to see miracles in my life everyday.  I've come closer to God and know that He is my Heavenly Father, living through faith brings wonderful things.

Have an awesome week
Elder Wakefield

No comments:

Post a Comment