Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week 1 - MTC - June 20, 2014

Well i have survived the first full day of the MTC and it is such an amazing place.  I have barely even had the opportunity to sit down and thinking about myself because we have been running from place to place and doing so much.  When Nana and Papa dropped me off I saw one of my friends that lived on my floor and he was my host taking me to each checkpoint making sure that I got all the necessary books and cards and keys and it was insane! When they put my name tag on my suit jacket I could feel the spirit and is over whelming comfort that this is where I am suppose to be and this is what I need to do.

We leave on July 1st where we go to Denver, CO and then to FRANKFURT, GERMANY AND THEN BANGALORE, INDIA.  According to itinerary we will be arriving in the very early morning of July 3rd.  Altogether the 3 other elders and i will be spending close to 30 hours together on a plane!!!!  I don't know how we are going to survive but it going to be quite an experience!

My companions name is Elder Dias and he just got called to be our district leader and Elder Doyle and Elder McGahn will also be coming with us to India.  Elder Christensen and Elder Kniffen are also in our district but they will be going to Detroit the day before we leave.  They also just got called to be the Zone leaders! 

The food here reminds me a lot like the cannon center butIi am surviving so that is good.  I am the healthiest eater in our district and making sure I don't go too crazy with the food.  I don't think I have forgotten anything just yet but I get $6 a week to use at the store to buy anything that I might need.  

We are teaching our first real lesson tomorrow to a simulate man named Tim played by one of our teachers who is suppose to represent someone that our teacher taught on his own mission! and we will be teaching another ,lesson to Arnold Young who may or may not be a real investigator and all we know is like 3 sentences worth of information about him.  We have so much to learn about teaching and I feel like the hardest challenge is going to be remembering how to use all of it.

We got to meet our branch president last night, President Laney, and he has got to be one of the smartest people i have ever met.  when we were singing our opening hymn in the meeting he just started writing scriptures on the board and could recite almost every scripture in the Preach my Gospel and where they were located on the page!! There wasn't a single blank white space on his scriptures! He was very intense and has some high expectations for us all.

All of the new mission presidents are coming in today and they shutting down the main building where we eat and have church because all of the apostles and prophet are coming to teach them so we might see some of them walking around

We pray almost every minute of the day and its impossible to learn without having the spirit with us as we teach! and I know that without the Book of Mormon, our religion would have no base and no fundamentals to help establish the rest of our religion.  I would strongly recommend reading 2 Nephi 31 if you get the chance this week and see just why we need to get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost and come unto Christ! I love it here so much and its going to be tough to leave when the time comes but I cant wait to get out to India either!

Please forward this to anybopdy who likes and if you feel so inclined to send a letter or anything else out my mailing address until July 1st is

Elder Andrew Wakefiled
Jul01 Ind-Bang
2009 N 900 E Unit 117 
Provo UT 84602

Love you all and stay safe!
Elder Wakefield

2 Nephi 31:21


No comments:

Post a Comment