Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 103 - June 5, 2016 - Bengaluru, India

Welcome to June everyone!  For some reason the weather hasn't been all that hot here so I think we are just getting spoiled.  So many cool things happened this week.

Yesterday our man Gregory got baptized and it was awesome.  We just roll up to church and he is wearing a white shirt and some slacks and he was like, "What took you guys so long to get to church".  I have no doubt that this brother will stay true to the gospel.

We also went to this huge rose garden in Bangalore during the week and there were some mango festival going on and I guess there were like over 10 different varieties.  Who knew that mangoes were so diverse?  But they just had as many mangoes as you could imagine and every booth that we went to were just giving us 1 for free so probably by the time we got out of there we had like 3kgs without even spending a single rupee.  

We had a funny fast and testimony meeting yesterday.  There were a bunch of primary children that got up to bear their testimony and it was almost like a battle to see who could get up to the stand the fastest.  I think 95% of the testimonies went like this: "I knew that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ lives.  I know Book of Mormon is true.  I know Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."  I thought that it was really simple but really awesome to see how much these kids are learning in church and in their homes.  This will definitely help them to prepare for the future when they have to share their testimonies with everyone that they meet.  

Also I got to ride an elephant today so I think I can say that my mission is definitely the coolest one in the whole world.  

P.S. if you guys are interested you can see a link to my last 2 years here http://elderandrewwakefield.blogspot.in/


Love you all,

Elder Wakefield


No comments:

Post a Comment